Most fruits can be eaten in their raw and natural form and are some of healthiest components of a balanced diet.
What is fruit diet plan?
Fruit diet plan is usually fad diet plan which means this plan has to be maintained for a short interval of time and is exclusively done on the diet of the raw fruits and vegetables. There are some other occasional additions like fish, lean protein, vegetables in some fruit diet plans.
How it helps in shedding the excess weight or weight loss?
Fruit diet plan is a low calorie and low carbohydrate diet plan which also have very less fat and protein in it therefore it leads to the weight loss. This diet has to be discontinued after a limited time period as it can prove detrimental to the health of the person.
What types of fruit diet plans are there?
Fruit detox diet plan
This plan is of 7-10 days duration and is carried out to detoxify the body of the impurities. Since the body gets rid of the bad elements it also loses weight and become fresh and supple. This diet plan is carried out on the diet of raw fruits and vegetables. Nuts and seeds along with fish can also be consumed during this plan.
Fruit flush diet plan
This diet plan has been devised by the Jay Robb. It is of 3 day duration in which protein shakes are fed on the first day while on the remaining days a diet consisting of the fresh fruits, lean proteins and vegetables are consumed. The person can also consume the water during this diet. It leads to the quick weight loss of the body.
Grapefruit diet plan
When on this diet, a person is expected to consume grapefruit in raw, as well as, in juice form as it is believed to aid in quick fat burning. At the same time, one can also have a vegetable salad, egg, bacon, meat, fish, coffee and tea during the day. When organizing the grapefruit diet meal plan, one should take care not to consume calorie above 1,000.
All fruit diet plan
During this diet plan the person is kept on the complete raw fruit diet for all the meals of the day. This diet too can be continued for a limited time period of a week only.
Vegetable and fruit diet plan
In this diet plan raw and juice form of the boiled vegetables and fruits can be consumed so as to lose weight and regain the health.
- Sweet fruits (grapes, pears, bananas, figs and dates)
- Semi-sweet fruits and acidic fruits (all other fruits except melons)
- Dinner fruits (cucumbers, berries, tomatoes and peppers)
It is advised that one should not mix the fruits from different categories during the breakfast, lunch and dinner as this may lead to the formation of gas and indigestion.
What are the do’s and don’ts of a typical fruit diet plan?
- High calorie fruits like mango, banana and grapes should be consumed in moderate quantities in the breakfast so as to get the sufficient supply of the calories during the entire daytime.
- Consume one large fruit meal for the lunch or dinner and wait for at least two hours to consume another fruit after this.
- Drink only fresh orange or grapefruit juice in between and avoid the stored juices of other fruits. However one can blend different fruits to create smoothie.
- Only dry fruits one can eat are dates.
- Dinners can be of salads with homemade dressings in a blender using avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, or nuts and seeds.
- For EPA and DHA consumption, you may take fish capsules with dinner. Also take a multivitamin at dinner time.
- To boost the immune system, take up to 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C and 1,200 milligrams of L-Lysine with a full glass of water at dinner.
- After a week of dieting, reward yourself by eating anything you want for one hour during your Saturday dinner. Remember to eat fresh fruit during the rest of the day.